:: Re: [DNG] vdev - udev is a dead end
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] vdev - udev is a dead end
On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 02:12:06PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:

> However, even an open source codebase over which a single, evil-leaning
> commercial entity owns sole copyright can be forked at any time. By
> anyone. All you need is code access and an appropriate licence.
>
> That's the whole point of open source.

Just to be clear, that's the point of open source *as* *originally*
*envisaged*. Unfortunately, I believe there has been a campaign to
devalue the meaning of open source to mean any software fro which the
user gets the source code, whether there is a free licence or not.

I have started using the ugly phrase free/libre software. Just for
clarity.

-- hendrik