:: Re: [DNG] lilo development has ende…
Author: karl
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] lilo development has ended
Rick Moen:
> Quoting karl@??? (karl@???):
> > It does not care about MBR vs. GPT as long it can find the blocks where
> > the kernel and possible initrd/initramfs is.
> > I use Lilo on two GPT formatted disks where the partitions are mirrored
> > and have no problems with it, remove any disk, still boots.
> That makes sense. Thanks.

Though, there might be a problem if one disk is damaged but visible for
the bios and the bios don't try the "next" disk when the first fails.
But that problem is probably the same for all bootloaders.

Next scenario is if you have the bootloader on a different media, say
e.g. a floppy. Then, will lilo load the kernel from disk 2 when disk 1
fails (assuming mirrored /boot) ? Do grub handle that ?

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data
Lilla Aspö 148