:: Re: [DNG] vdev - scanner
Author: shraptor
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] vdev - scanner
> I got the scanner working.
>
> If I boot with udev, the scanner works, and the permissions on the
> device
> look like this:
>
> ls -l /dev/bus/usb/002/
> crw-rw-r--+ 1 root root 189, 137 Aug 16 10:30 010
>
> and with vdev, it looks like this:
> crw------- 1 root root 189, 131 Aug 16 10:39 004
>
> I changed the permissions and added myself to the scanner group (oops!)
> and now xsane finds the scanner when I'm running vdev. I hope someone
> knows what to do with this information, because I'm in new territory
> here.
> (and I don't know C.)
>
> If udevadm output for the scanner would help, I'll post it. The udev
> rules
> for scanners are in /lib/udev/rules.d/60-libsane.rules

Maybe you should write a vdev action for your scanner
on my system they actions are in /etc/vdev/actions

for instance optical.act contains

[vdev-action]
event=any
path=^sr[0-9]*$
VAR_OPTICAL_OWNER=root
VAR_OPTICAL_GROUP=optical
VAR_OPTICAL_MODE=0660
helper=optical.sh
daemonlet=true
if_exists=run

No C is needed. Write something that matches path like for optical
path=^sr[0-9]*$
then set needed permissions and group and vdev will fix it for you

When you succeed you may contribute that .act file for others, yeah?