:: Re: [DNG] vdev
Author: aitor_czr
To: fsmithred, dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] vdev

Hi fsmithred,

On 08/15/2016 08:44 PM, fsmithred wrote:
> On 08/15/2016 01:45 PM, aitor_czr wrote:
>> >
>> >Hi fsmithred,

>> >As i explained, you need a diferent version of initramfs-tools for running
>> >update-initramfs. Try with this one (it's the same for all architectures):
>> >
>> >http://gnuinos.org/initramfs-tools_0.120+deb8u2_all.deb
>> >
>> >I still didn't change the version number.
>> >
>> >Cheers,
>> >
>> > Aitor.
>> >

> Errors on installing the deb:
>
> /usr/sbin/mkinitramfs: 261: /usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts/functions:
> Syntax error: "}" unexpected
> update-initramfs: failed for /boot/initrd.img-3.16.0-4-amd64 with 2.
> dpkg: error processing package initramfs-tools (--install):
> subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2
>

> The error I got when I ran update-initramfs (before installing the deb)
> was a complaint that the initrd had been changed and that I should use -t
> to override.
>
> -fsr

I still didn't try the package. I'm working on the kernel and i don't
want to break my system.

But, these are the changes i made in the /initramfs-tools/:

- Added Jude's:

/example/initramfs/scripts/init-bottom/vdev/
/example/initramfs/scripts/init-top/vdev/

    in the following paths of the initramfs-tools package:

/usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts/init-bottom//
/usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts/init-top//

- Added Jude's:

/example/initramfs/hooks/vdev/

    in the following path of the initramfs-tools package:

/usr/share/initramfs-tools/hooks//

- Replaced the initramfs-tool's file:

/usr/share/initramfs-tools/init/     (which starts with udev)

    by Jude's file:

/example/initramfs/init/                (which starts with vdev)

- Added the modules

/sd_mod//
// squashfs//
// loop/

    to /usr/share/initramfs-tools/modules/

So, i did't change the /usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts/functions/

It should work.

Cheers,

Aitor.