:: Re: [DNG] vdev
Top Pagina
Auteur: fsmithred
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] vdev
On 08/14/2016 04:49 PM, richard lucassen wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 15:09:54 -0400
> fsmithred <fsmithred@???> wrote:
>
>> Moved /etc/vdev/vdev (a symlink) up one level -
>>     I don't think that changed anything.

> It should be at /etc/vdev

Good. That's what I thought.

>> Changed pid file to /run/vdevd.pid -
>>     fdisk now shows the removable drive, I can mount and unmount it.
>>     mouse still doesn't work.
>>     vdev still fails at boot, but if I start it after logging in,
>>     it starts without error.

> Hmm, that worked for me and Ralph IIRC. I don't have the Devuan machine
> here, but the first thing I'd try is add
>
> touch /root/test
> touch /run/test
>
> to check if the fs's are writable at the moment that /etc/init.d/vdev
> is invoked

Yes, it's writeable after I log in and before I start vdev. Works for root
or user.

>> Changed log file to /var/log/vdevd.log -
>>     That didn't get rid of the vdev_log_redirect error.

> Yep, that what I saw as well
>
>> Added user to group 'input' -
>>     still don't have keyboard or mouse control on the desktop.

> And if you start X as root? And if vdev doesn't run there might be no
> input. Test if a normal user can read the mouse input in a condole:
>
> $ cat /dev/input/mice
>
> move your mouse and you should get rubbish.

Starting X as root isn't any better. No mouse, no keyboard.

'cat /dev/input/mice' only works for root and gives me mouse language.

Oh, chmod g+rw and chown root:input on /dev/input/mice helps. Now user can
get mouse talk (and a prompt in mouse glyphs.) But still no activity on
the desktop.

Maybe I should do this on a fresh devuan install. This is on a system that
started as wheezy, became jessie with openbox and without systemd, then
became devuan. Other than that, it's an up-to-date devuan.

-fsr