:: Re: [DNG] vdev
Top Pagina
Auteur: richard lucassen
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] vdev
On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 15:09:54 -0400
fsmithred <fsmithred@???> wrote:

> Moved /etc/vdev/vdev (a symlink) up one level -
>     I don't think that changed anything.

It should be at /etc/vdev

> Changed pid file to /run/vdevd.pid -
>     fdisk now shows the removable drive, I can mount and unmount it.
>     mouse still doesn't work.
>     vdev still fails at boot, but if I start it after logging in,
>     it starts without error.

Hmm, that worked for me and Ralph IIRC. I don't have the Devuan machine
here, but the first thing I'd try is add

touch /root/test
touch /run/test

to check if the fs's are writable at the moment that /etc/init.d/vdev
is invoked

> Changed log file to /var/log/vdevd.log -
>     That didn't get rid of the vdev_log_redirect error.

Yep, that what I saw as well

> Added user to group 'input' -
>     still don't have keyboard or mouse control on the desktop.

And if you start X as root? And if vdev doesn't run there might be no
input. Test if a normal user can read the mouse input in a condole:

$ cat /dev/input/mice

move your mouse and you should get rubbish.

> /etc/init.d/vdev start|stop works, but I think restart isn't working
> right.

That's a script issue. That has a lower priority IMHO ;-)

--
richard lucassen
http://contact.xaq.nl/