:: Re: [DNG] Time sync at startup (was…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: richard lucassen
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] Time sync at startup (was: vdev)
On Sat, 13 Aug 2016 13:16:37 -0700
Rick Moen <rick@???> wrote:

> > And apart from that, that a good point of systemd, if ever there are
> > network problems or whatsoever, the boot time may increase by
> > minutes as ntpd cannot start.
>
> This is an extremely illogical objection from someone urging running
> /usr/sbin/ntpdate, as the same is true for it.

No, what I meant is that systemd is running startup processes in
parallel. Starting ISC ntpd under sysv init *and* having a broken
network connection causes the boot process to take a very long time.

As I saw in the manpage of OpenNTP: OpenNTP waits 15 secs max :)

--
richard lucassen
http://contact.xaq.nl/