:: Re: [DNG] Your computer clock: Was:…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Adam Borowski
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] Your computer clock: Was:Re: vdev
On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 09:30:20PM +0200, aitor_czr wrote:
> On 08/13/2016 09:23 PM, aitor_czr wrote:
>
> >i like to create partitions ( / , /home , swap ...), and doing it in a VM
> >requires to reserve an static space of memory
>
> Is it possible in Qemu? I don't want to use Virtualbox.

Obviously, it is. I'm not certain what you're trying to do.
Like on a typical real machine, you probably want to have all those
partitions on a single logical device (be it one disk, LVM or RAID...).
So you give the VM a single disk image and partition it in the installer
(or partition it on the host beforehand if you somehow fancy so).

But if you want to place each of these partitions on a separate disk,
both qemu and virtualbox allow that too.

Are you per chance using some frontend that lacks this capability?

--
An imaginary friend squared is a real enemy.