:: Re: [DNG] Time sync at startup (was…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Time sync at startup (was: vdev)
On Sat, 13 Aug 2016 13:16:37 -0700
Rick Moen <rick@???> wrote:

> > And apart from that, that a good point of systemd, if ever there are
> > network problems or whatsoever, the boot time may increase by
> > minutes as ntpd cannot start.
>
> This is an extremely illogical objection from someone urging running
> /usr/sbin/ntpdate, as the same is true for it.

I don't know about that. Do you mean you've never even considered
putting Halloween Code in one of your projects to error out in the
presence of Systemd? I have. Trouble is, I don't have enough money to
make my project capable of winning a fork.

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2016 featured book: Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
Brand new, second edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mgr