:: Re: [DNG] vdev
Author: richard lucassen
To: dng
New-Topics: [DNG] Time sync at startup (was: vdev)
Subject: Re: [DNG] vdev
On Sat, 13 Aug 2016 10:37:36 -0700
Rick Moen <rick@???> wrote:

> Please don't run ntpdate.
>
> ntpdate is deprecated upstream (ISC) and will soon get dropped
> entirely. It would be an excellent idea to get used to this. Quoting
> the manpage:

I know, but for the moment it works and it might (temporarely) resolve
his time problem. It's quite simple, simpler than running ntpd. And
apart from that, that a good point of systemd, if ever there are
network problems or whatsoever, the boot time may increase by minutes
as ntpd cannot start.

BTW, I'm running ntpd. And I'll have a look into OpenNTP, as stated
elswhere in this thread. Simple and secure and I don't need usec
precision.

--
richard lucassen
http://contact.xaq.nl/