:: Re: [DNG] vdev
Author: Adam Borowski
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] vdev
On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 01:55:06PM +0200, aitor_czr wrote:
> On 08/13/2016 01:45 PM, Edward Bartolo wrote:
> >Do you really need to do that? Why not restore from a backup? I use
> >fsarchiver to backup entire installations.
>
> I like to test the different options of d-i, doing partitions, testing the
> versions of the udeb packages, etc...

Unless you're doing something related to a hardware driver, is there a
reason you don't do 95% of your work in qemu-kvm or virtualbox?

> Otherwise i would use Clonezilla.

For anything that can break your system, and for running unstable, btrfs is
awesome. You can make snapshots at any point (most people have at least a
daily cronjob), and then restore or mount live when you want. And when you
make it unbootable, you append subvol=backups/@2016-08-12 (or whatever
you named it) in grub, and there you go.

--
An imaginary friend squared is a real enemy.