:: Re: [DNG] vdev
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Adam Borowski
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] vdev
On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 09:13:57AM +0200, richard lucassen wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Aug 2016 00:22:43 -0400 (EDT)
> Peter Olson <peabo@???> wrote:
> > > On August 13, 2016 at 4:45 AM aitor_czr <aitor_czr@???>
> > > wrote:
> >
> > As you know, today is August 12, not August 13.
> >
> > PLEASE FIX YOUR COMPUTER CLOCK!!!!
>
> Aitor,
>
> Just run this as a cronjob, ntpd might be too picky about hwclock
> settings:
>
> dpkg --purge ntp
> echo -e "\n*/5 * * * * /usr/sbin/ntpdate -b pool.ntp.org" \
> >> /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root
> echo -e "\n/usr/sbin/ntpdate -b pool.ntp.org" >> /etc/rc.local

Please don't do this, for reasons already mentioned.

If your hwclock is so broken ntp refuses to adjust the clock, you may run
ntpdate (or rdate -n) at boot, but then you should start ntpd (or chrony)
normally. It will give far more accurate results, with less burden on
public resources.

I haven't read the man pages in a while (which you should do before doing
anything), but I recall that ntpd refuses to adjust time when the clock is
wrong on the order of hours. It does init fine when the clock is set to
2010 (RTC-less machines).

--
An imaginary friend squared is a real enemy.