:: Re: [DNG] vdev
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Hendrik Boom
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] vdev
On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 09:40:37AM +0800, Robert Storey wrote:
> > I have to do some work now, I look forward to the packages. Maybe you
> > can add a small README.txt for those who are willing to test vdev.
>
> Yes please. A small README.TXT explaining what we have to do to set up and
> install vdev will work wonders at attracting testers. Having to sift
> through the archives of the Devuan mailing list for instructions will blow
> away 90% of potential testers.
>
> I'm enthused about helping get vdev finished and out the door - it would be
> a major coup against the evil forces of Poetterism. Today, I'm setting up a
> second install of Devuan on another partition just for testing vdev, since
> Devuan is currently my main distro for getting things done and I don't want
> to accidentally nuke it.

Accidentally nuking it is my main concern. Using another partition is
likely the answer to this; I used it when I did major Debian upgrades
from one stable to the next. (I have had those upgrades fail).

But grub is such a rat's nest that I worry about getting an
experimental vdev too early in the boot process to be able to avoid it
with grub's boot menu.

Is this a real concern?

-- hendrik