Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] vdev
On Tue, 9 Aug 2016 19:36:36 +0000 (UTC)
Go Linux <golinux@???> wrote:

> I have just forwarded this post to Jude and encouraged him to drop in
> to DNG more often. Another way to help move the project along would
> be to open an issue under vdev in git.
>
> https://git.devuan.org/unsystemd/vdev
>
> Your experiments with vdev are most welcome. Thank you!

I've set up an extra partition /dev/sda5 using a vanilla Devuan Jessie.
On /dev/sda3 I run Devuan Ascii, so I'm free to fsck up the whole
distro on /dev/sda5 :)

And before that I create an "image" of the working Jessie:

rsync -ax / /opt/backup/

>From the Devuan Ascii I can revert the changes when something

terribly goes wrong :)

I think many more people should take the time to test it. That's why I
suggested to create shadow packages. I think vdevd is essential to
Devuan. As someone said here on this list today: we should not depend
too much on a distro like Debian. I have nothing against systemd, I
have something againt its imperialism.

R.

--
richard lucassen