:: Re: [DNG] vdev
Author: Ralph Ronnquist
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] vdev
I've finally managed to get vdev working off the gnuinos deb's. The key
points where 1) to add the missing "dameonlet" helper, 2) to add the
acls config dir, 3) to "reinstall" things by setting links that removed
the extra "/usr" path prefix on things, and then 4) (biggie) to revise
the intiramfs hook to populate initrd correctly (accounting in
particular for that extra "/usr" prefix).

(I didn't like that extra /usr prefix, but I'm sure there's a reason.
Though I think certainly /etc/init.d/vdev , /etc/vdev/vdevd.conf , and
/lib/libudev-compat.so.5.0.2 should be without it. OTOH I know very
little about packaging and path principles.)

For the initrams building, I also needed to bring in the script from the
github s/w and edit it to suit.

I'll try to post something more detailed tonight (my time) when I've
reviewed the notes, and rerun it from scratch. (There are too many half
reverted edits as residue from failed attempts to fix it)

Ralph.