著者: Tomasz Torcz
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Fearsome rumblings from GNU
On Sun, Aug 07, 2016 at 01:33:32PM -0400, Peter Olson wrote:
> > On August 7, 2016 at 1:22 PM Brian Nash <bcnjr5@???> wrote:
> >
> > Greetings everyone.
> >
> > This is just a heads up, GNU has had a few changes floating around for a
> > while, and it looks like they are finally making it into distributions.
> >
> > Currently, only Fedora is affected (which I doubt anyone here uses),
> > but it is possible that these changes will make it to Debian as well.
> >

> As far as I can see, the original poster doesn't say what the change is. (Maybe some attachments got lost in the forwarding?)
>
> I haven't looked into the changelog of coreutils to try to find out, but it would be helpful to know what is at issue here.

I guess this is about weird, superflous quoting in “ls”:

Debian was dilligent enough to revert the patch (half a year ago).
Fedora – not so much.

--
Tomasz Torcz       ,,(...) today's high-end is tomorrow's embedded processor.''
xmpp: zdzichubg@???                      -- Mitchell Blank on LKML