:: Re: [DNG] IRC Channel
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] IRC Channel
On Thu, 4 Aug 2016 08:45:16 +0200
Jaromil <jaromil@???> wrote:

> On Wed, 03 Aug 2016, Rick Moen wrote:
>
> > If you have no other preference, I'll put in a good word for
> > irssi.
>
> irssi user for 10 years here. now switched to weechat.
> much, much better, give it a try...

IIRC the OP was having trouble with IRC. Under those circumstances,
hexchat is the best because it's obvious how to do everything: No IRC
commands needed.

I'd view it as irssi is like a manual transmission, and hexchat is like
an automatic. You learn on the automatic, and once you've got that down
pat, if you want more control over everthing, you switch to the manual.

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2016 featured book: Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
Brand new, second edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mgr