:: Re: [DNG] IRC Channel
Top Pagina
Auteur: Go Linux
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] IRC Channel
On Wed, 8/3/16, Rick Moen <rick@???> wrote:

Subject: Re: [DNG] IRC Channel
To: dng@???
Date: Wednesday, August 3, 2016, 6:33 PM

Quoting Go Linux (golinux@???):

> @KatolaZ - Did not know about using port 9999 so I got to learn
> something too! Now I need to figure out where to make that setting .
> . . there are so many things I don;t know . . .

For irssi and many other IRC clients, port number can be specified as a
command-line option, and equivalently in the configuration file where you
define how to connect to various IRC networks/hosts.

If you have no other preference, I'll put in a good word for irssi.

I use xchat. What can I say, it works. (Wish my typing did.) No config file but there was an option to "use SSL for all the servers on this network (freenode)" and I ticked it. I guess that's it. It's been a long day . . .

golinux