:: Re: [DNG] Help with ALSA, Pulseaudi…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Nate Bargmann
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Help with ALSA, Pulseaudio and Mumble on Devuan
* On 2016 03 Aug 09:05 -0500, info at smallinnovations.nl wrote:

> When you for one reason or another are stuck with pulseaudio consider
> installing Pulseaudio Volume Control.

Indeed. I have the built-in anaolg sound, HDMI sound, and a set of USB
speakers. I use the analog sound for amateur radio related uses and it
is connected to my main high frequency radio. I do not use the HDMI
sound and the USB speakers are used for usual audio. Without
PAVUcontrol, there is no way to keep that all straight. I like that it
maintains per application audio level settings so that when I fire up
Fldigi after using another program that I've used for the built-in
sound, the levels are still correct from the last time I used Fldigi.
This is very important to me as audio levels to the radio are critical
to avoiding interference to others and transmitting a useful signal.

PAVUControl makes PA a useful tool for me.

- Nate