:: Re: [DNG] Help with ALSA, Pulseaudi…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Help with ALSA, Pulseaudio and Mumble on Devuan
On Wed, 3 Aug 2016 05:56:38 -0500
hal <vmlinux@???> wrote:

> Pics 4, 5 and 6 show the Mumble configuration. I don't have "oss"
> anything installed, so not sure why that's showing up. Anyone know
> which of these I should pick? ALSA or Pulse?

Unless I have a very specific reason for having Pulse on a computer, I
uninstall Pulse and let either ALSA or OSS do all the work. To me,
Pulse is just a whole nother set of mutes and variables to confuse the
matter.

If you need Pulse for Skype, you can use apulse instead.

> Same for the output
> device. After much messing around, I think I have it working with
> ALSA, so does that mean I should remove all references to Pulseaudio?

I usually de-install all of Pulseaudio.

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2016 featured book: Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
Brand new, second edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mgr