:: [DNG] Oh, how I hate systemd
Author: Rowland Penny
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Oh, how I hate systemd

So, a user was complaining over on the Samba mailing list, that the
Samba wiki page about creating a new AD DC wasn't much use with fedora.

I set up fedora 24 and tried to give it a fixed ip (part of which was
removing networkmanager), set everything up and rebooted, I then found
I couldn't connect to the network, checks found that /etc/resolv.conf
had disappeared.

When I tried to create a new one, I couldn't, it wouldn't let me!!

A quick trawl of the internet led to an interesting fact, systemd now
mounts /etc read-only and if /etc/resolv.conf doesn't exist, systemd
creates a dangling symlink.

You couldn't make this up, why O why make /etc read only ?????

Rowland