:: Re: [DNG] [Dng] What do you guys th…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Daniel Reurich
A: Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI, dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] [Dng] What do you guys think about "Suggest" and "Recommends" dependency?
Hi

Why are we dragging up a thread from over a year ago??

I strongly disagree, installing "Recommends" are IMHO reasonable for the
common case, and that should stay the default except where the user
wants to maintain a really minimal system, and is prepared to have to
install everything not an explicit hard dependency.

I think it may be useful to add a question into the installer about this
(probably only in expert mode) rather then blindly change the current
setting. Where we are rebuilding packages we could certainly review and
potentially reclassifying recommends as suggests where it seems appropriate.

The risk is that by blindly changing the current settings in regards, is
that those familiar with Debian would get a significantly different
result from what they'd expect during an install. So I'd agree on
providing the option during installation, but I stand strongly opposed
to changing the default blindly just to suit a few power users preferences.

Regards,
    Daniel.

--
Daniel Reurich
Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd.