:: Re: [DNG] Why Debian 8 Pinning is (…
Author: Simon Walter
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Why Debian 8 Pinning is (or isn't) pointless
On 07/30/2016 04:18 AM, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Steve Litt (slitt@???):
>
>> In all fairness to Rick, he was making his statements on SVLUG, and
>> then, on DNG, *I* referenced the SVLUG archive of the SVLUG discussion,
>> and only then did he repeat his assertions here.
>
> And my assertions stated that I like Devuan and appreciate it. All I
> said that threw you into a tizzy was that I estimated that its
> objectives could also have been achieved through lesser means.

Which is why it could be construed that you disagree with a fork of
Debian - a for of Debian as in "A fork of Debian that could be said to
have been started because the default init system in Debian became
systemd." - that fork of Debian - not a theoretical fork.

> People who insist on treating me like an enemy are being rather stupid.
> Those who persist in attributing to me statements I've never made and
> views I don't hold are being _very_ stupid.

Of course I should be more sensitive, but hopefully I didn't make you
feel like an enemy. I am merely trying to help explain why you might
appear to some people that way, but now there is no point in me chewing
on my foot any longer, is there?