:: Re: [DNG] Why Debian 8 Pinning is (…
Author: Simon Walter
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Why Debian 8 Pinning is (or isn't) pointless
On 07/29/2016 10:00 AM, info at smallinnovations.nl wrote:
> On 29-07-16 01:43, Rick Moen wrote:
>> If you can suggest an additional method, I'll be glad to amend my list
>> of suggestions. Otherwise, I'm not sure what your point is.
> Your point is quite clear: you do not want a fork of debian and that is
> the whole point of you being vocal on this list is it not? I suppose you
> are quite good in Debian politics.
>
> Adding you to my blacklist now.

Rick, that's exactly what I was talking about. You might be well
intentioned, but in so many words you are saying that you disagree with
a fork of Debian. So of course people here will not see you as well
intentioned and a quite possibly many other negative things.

If you really think Devuan is wrong, then flight it harder. Be more
evangelical about it. Why not write a diatribe about it on your website
and post the link wherever you like? But please don't hide your disdain
for Devaun in intellectualism. You think we are idiots? Just call us
idiots and be done with it. I get labeled an idiot every time I walk out
my door. It doesn't mean much to me.

You seem like a smart guy and seem well intentioned. Others may be able
to use your good advice. So maybe try and appear a little more open
minded and others might open up a bit too.

That's my unsolicited advice. m(__)m