:: Re: [DNG] Ugly, ugly news
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Simon Walter
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Ugly, ugly news
On 07/29/2016 06:43 AM, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Rowland Penny (rpenny241155@???):
>
>> It is a very stupid organisation that doesn't listen to its users,
>> you can make the best thing in the world (and systemd certainly
>> isn't that), but if a lot of your users don't want it, you are in
>> trouble.

> What I call a 'process person' is one who is comfortable thinking in
> terms of stepwise chronologically sequential mechanism. A is a
> necessary preconditon of B, which can be made to cause C, all of which
> is an efficient path to bring about D. a 'non-process person' is one
> whose mind doesn't think that way. Lacking (pick any N) aptitude,
> attitude, and/or patience to deal in mechanism, they go around talking
> about how wonderful D would be and how something-never-mind-what-and-how
> should make D happen.
>
> Process thinkers should be kind to the other folks and say 'You may be
> right. D might be lovely, and I do hope you get what you want.'
> Non-process thinkers should be understanding of the other folks (the
> ones who actually _do_ things) and realise that sometimes they just
> aren't going to do D because they'd rather do something else, and stop
> getting upset over this.
>
> I do hope you get what you want.

Aha... An old gypsy curse. In this case appropriate because non-process
thinkers usually don't really know what they want.

Process vs. non-process - hierarchal vs. equal - We also have sane vs.
insane. I see a lot strife being cause by the mentally ill. I must
remind myself that I am the person easiest for me to lie to.