:: Re: [DNG] Ugly, ugly news
Author: Edward Bartolo
To: rick, dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Ugly, ugly news
Hi,

Rick Moen wrote:

<<
It would be pretty much normal and expected for the Debian Project. It
has always made it pretty obvious that it's a community of developers
who run it to serve their own perceived needs. And that's pretty much
inevitable, given its parliamentary structure and governance mechanisms.

The above quote clearly contradicts the scope of Debian Social Contract.
https://www.debian.org/social_contract

Item no: 4 is in contradiction of what you are claiming.

Quote from Debian Social Contract:
<<
Our priorities are our users and free software

We will be guided by the needs of our users and the free software
community. We will place their interests first in our priorities. We
will support the needs of our users for operation in many different
kinds of computing environments. We will not object to non-free works
that are intended to be used on Debian systems, or attempt to charge a
fee to people who create or use such works. We will allow others to
create distributions containing both the Debian system and other
works, without any fee from us. In furtherance of these goals, we will
provide an integrated system of high-quality materials with no legal
restrictions that would prevent such uses of the system.

Edward