:: Re: [DNG] Why Debian 8 Pinning is (…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Simon Hobson
A: dng@lists.dyne.org
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Why Debian 8 Pinning is (or isn't) pointless
Rick Moen <rick@???> wrote:

> Quoting Rainer Weikusat (rweikusat@???):
>
>> To re-iterate this:
>
> [more very strangely worded, difficult-to-parse prose, seemingly alleging
> that library libsystemd0 can be used to insert 'calls' into unrelated
> applications -- which assertion in my view does not seem correct, if I
> am parsing this odd claim correctly]

I think what he means, is that it allows devs/packagers to insert these calls and still have something that runs when systemd itself isn't installed. Not that the lib itself installs such calls.

One thing I am not clear about ...
With a lib, is there any code or is it *JUST* a set of symbols ?
Ie, when a package makes one of these gratuitous calls (because systemd insists on doing stuff the hard way) to the library ... Is it what I'd consider a call (ie a jump into a routine executing real machine instructions) but that the code there is minimal and basically just returns "nah, systemd not installed mate" ? Or is there some sort of "magic" that makes the "call" returns something but there's no code in there ?