:: Re: [DNG] Earth-friendly micro-desk…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Steve Litt
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] Earth-friendly micro-desktop Devuan demo
On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 11:27:09 +0200
Jaromil <jaromil@???> wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Jul 2016, KatolaZ wrote:
>
> > This boot-time-final-quest is just BS, IMHO.
>
> yes, I think we all agree on that. But it was the stick we were beaten
> on in the early days and the fact is not even proving to not be legit
> says a lot about the bullies we were up against.

And in fact it was true in some cases. I had a systemd VM that booted
in 2 seconds, while all my non-systemd VMs were booting in 6 to 9
seconds.

But of course, none of these VMs needed to DHCP resolve with Network
Manager. What is that, 20 seconds? Add in unskilled implementers and
systemd's propensity to start hundreds of processes, and pretty soon it
takes some serious time to boot, if you count logging in, which you
must, because the way they do things some things can't be completed til
login.

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2016 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist