:: Re: [DNG] Gtk-theme for Devuan
Author: Go Linux
To: Dng, aitor_czr
Subject: Re: [DNG] Gtk-theme for Devuan
Response inline.

On Sun, 7/24/16, aitor_czr <aitor_czr@???> wrote:

To: "Go Linux" <golinux@???>, Dng@???
Date: Sunday, July 24, 2016, 5:28 AM

> Hi Golinux,

> On 07/24/2016 10:08 AM, <emninger@???> wrote:

>> As far as i see, i do not have those problems with vertex (but i use
>> vertex-dark!). May be that's due to the fact, i use JWM (?). For
>> sure, Vertex has problems with gtk3 but as far as i see they are less
>> than others (Clearlook for example!)
>>
>> I do not find Xchat, but in Hexchat, my input line is dark, with white
>> foreground (fonts) - as i would expect it, using a dark theme.
>
> The pdf reader slider's wide is inherent to the application. Surelly, it
> will happen also with other applications like file-roller and some
> pop-up windows. They are prefabricated tools (probably in PyGtk),
> developed for gnome. And their appearance is horrible independently of
> the used gtk-theme.

Not true! Just look at the screenies. The sliders and controls in Vertex and OSX-Breeze are completely different! So that has to be in the vertex/osx-breeze css.

> Nonetheless, there is no solution for that, just make it less ugly :(

Yes there is either rebuild vertex/osx-breeze or use a different theme.

> However, the circle control buttons can be customized :) They are
> located in gtk-3.0/assets:
>
> titlebutton.png
> titlebutton@???
> titlebutton-close-prelight.png
> titlebutton-close-prelight@???
> etc...

I want to start from a theme that works best for my use case. Of course each one of us has different preferences/needs. Clearlooks-Phenix-purpy has no rendering issues on my Devuan XFCE. I have not yet found another theme that doesn't have more problems than it's worth to try to fix.

I suspect emninger's issues are due to the WM he's using.

If anyone following this thread has an interest in the warts that I found for both Vertex and OSX-Breeze (I'm sure there are more) in about 5 minutes, you can download these screenies:

http://www.saynotogmos.org/ss/screenies.zip

Of course the landscape is always changing and undoubtedly the future will bring challenges that will be harder to work around (more SNS and unneeded complexity).

golinux