:: Re: [DNG] F1 and special usernames …
Author: Go Linux
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] F1 and special usernames on the login screen
On Sat, 7/23/16, Robert Storey <robert.storey@???> wrote:

To: dng@???
Date: Saturday, July 23, 2016, 10:02 AM

golinux said:

>> Thanks for reminding me about reisuo/b. Is reisuo/b really enabled on devuan by
>> default?  Seems like I tried it a while back and it didn't work.  So I checked
>> /etc/sysctl.conf and the line needed wasn't there (neither was there any other
>> uncommented line).  So my question is . . . if reisuo/b is enabled by default in
>> devuan is it located elsewhere and does kernel.sysrq = 1 work for both reisuo and
>> reisub?  Or are they different?  (A quick search has me thinking that one line works
>> for both.)
>
> Hi golinux,
>
> Alt-reisub/o seems to be working for me, and I didn't do anything to enable it.
>
> If you look in /etc/sysctl.d there is a file README.sysctl which basically says you can create and name config files in this directory just about anything. Here are the notes which I've kept for Ubuntu from back in the pre-systemd days:
>
> -----------------
>
> open sysctl.d using 'open as root'
> edit 10-magic-sysrq.conf
> comment out the ridiculous default, replace it with the code to allow all sensible 'magic' keys
> ("1 - enable all functions of sysrq". You might like to give it extra thought. I don't.)
> CODE: SELECT ALL
> #kernel.sysrq = 127
> kernel.sysrq = 1
>
> save it, and remember to come out of elevated priviledges.

Thanks, Robert . . .

I was grokking your suggestion till I got to the Ubuntu notes. The only file in the sysctl.d on Devuan is the README.sysctl. And grep couldn't find 10-magic-sysrq.conf so I just put the needed line into sysctl.conf. I haven't tested it but reisub/o should be good to go now.

Cheers!

golinux