:: [DNG] Wirth's law
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: [DNG] Wirth's law
Hi all,

I just found out about Wirth's Law:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wirth%27s_law

Hey, I live in the 21st century, so I don't try to optimize out a
kilobyte at a time. But I'm also not blind, so I know that Openbox plus
dmenu is a whole lot quicker and snappier, even on modern computers,
than KDE, Gnome or Unity.

LOL, there's a certain mindset:

* Look at all this room in the new house. Better buy some furniture to
fill it up.

* Look at all the money in my bank account. I'd better start spending.

* Look at all the RAM and CPU in my computer. I'd better get some
programs that use it all.

* Look at this simple operating system on this powerful, capable
hardware. I'd better make more complex software because I can.

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2016 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist