:: Re: [DNG] Open-RC on devuan - some …
Author: emninger
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Open-RC on devuan - some questions
Am Tue, 19 Jul 2016 16:22:41 +0000
schrieb Steve Litt <slitt@???>:

> The older I get, the more I think the easiest route is to use
> wpa_passphrase, then, as root, append its output
> into /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf. Crude but effective.
> Travelling wifi on laptops is a mess, always has been.

I agree, essentially. networkmanager seems a no go to me because of its
indentation with systemd (?); wicd is somehow better but far from
ideal, imho.

I'd like to encourage you to try out, may be just for a moment, ceni
(which thanks to ozi is in our repositories now). Unfortunately it
relays on ifupdown (therefore strictly debian/devuan). You'd need to
use a machine of your wife ;) - but: do it. I think it's a great and
very simple tool.

Cheers.