:: Re: [DNG] Open-RC on devuan - some …
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Open-RC on devuan - some questions
On Tue, 19 Jul 2016 10:02:46 +0200
<emninger@???> wrote:

> May be you remember, i also tried Void but, may be due to my linuxwise
> incompetence, i found it not so easy to configure and sometimes (for
> the wpasupplicant/dhcpcd thing) confusing.

Void Linux is very difficult the first month or two you use it. I was
asking five or ten questions a day on #xbps the first couple weeks.

Wpasupplicant/dhcpcd is obscenely confusing, made more so by Void's use
of magic configs tucked somewhere (you find them, I can't) that link the
two together. But then again, NetworkManager and Wicd can get confusing
when things don't go just right.

The older I get, the more I think the easiest route is to use
wpa_passphrase, then, as root, append its output
into /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf. Crude but effective.
Travelling wifi on laptops is a mess, always has been.

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2016 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist