:: Re: [DNG] Open-RC on devuan - some …
Top Pagina
Auteur: Jaromil
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Open-RC on devuan - some questions
On Mon, 18 Jul 2016, emninger@??? wrote:

> It would be nice to have openrc implemented as it is in gentoo or
> manjaro: with the to essential directories:

this is precisely what Parazyd has recommended to do, while looking
into the plan to make a openrc package on ascii. we also have contact
with genoo maintainers and good understanding of their approach.

from what I've seen so far, i think you can expect devuan ascii to
have a proper (a'la gentoo) openrc setup offering flawless switch and
even run in parallel.

We want to avoid overlapping openrc scripts with sysvinit
scripts. This is the major reason to dismiss the dialogue with current
maintainer in Debian and deciding to scratch that package entirely.

ciao