:: Re: [DNG] Why Debian 8 Pinning is (…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Rick Moen
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Why Debian 8 Pinning is (or isn't) pointless
Quoting Simon Walter (simon@???):

> I want to give a little bit of constructive criticism.
>
> "A fool is known by a multitude of words." That is not to say you
> are fool. I don't know you. However, everyone is pretty busy. So if
> you want to express something accurately, minimize verbiage and
> refrain from using argumentum ad hominem. I read some of your
> conversation with Steve on SVLUG. Because it was so long, I didn't
> read everything. However, from what I did read, to me it you sounded
> like you had an axe to grind.
>
> That might not the case.

I thank you for your possibly-well-intentioned if highly selective and
somewhat passive-aggressive unsolicited personal advice.

> It seems that you are asking: "What is the reason for Devuan when
> the same thing can be accomplished in a simpler way?"

No. I am _not_ asking what is the reason for Devuan.

Devuan didn't, and doesn't, need to give a reason, and I didn't ask for
one. I'm sure Jaromil and the other founders are competent planners,
and they have every right to do what they wish. And I am glad the
project exists, and happy to have its products available.

I merely stated my opinion that the same thing could also have been
accomplished through less-drastic means. That view might be correct, or
it might be incorrect. I merely expressed the opinion. Elsewhere.

> It seems to me Debian leaders want Debian to be the new shinny.

Really? That would be pretty delusional, on their part, because it's
pretty much never going to be, and never has been.

> By talking so much about this and that and wasting people's time, I
> winder if you have an agenda to push.

I 'winder' if you have been attentively reading, in part because:

> So here is a disclaimer for you:

Um, why for _me_?

I deliberately implement a no-systemd-thanks policy on my machines, by
preference. Was that, incredibly, somehow not clear?