:: Re: [DNG] Need for documentation
Author: aitor_czr
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Need for documentation
Hi all,

El 14/07/16 a las 21:24 de la Noche Plutoniana, Steve Litt escribió:
> However, I think somebody from Devuan should add to the login window's
> > graphic (the stylized lightgreen and darkergreen Login graphic) the
> > string "Press F1 to switch window managers." Today's computers
> should > be discoverable, and this is just too easy not to do. I'd do
> it myself > but I don't know which graphic, and probably my
> modification would be > an aesthetic step backward.

I'm not sure, but i think that the version of Slim in ascii has this
feature. So, it will not be difficult to add it in jessie. I can't do
that at the time being, because||||i'm still working on the kernel [*].
So, i can't reboot my system||.

It'll be also usefull--for a common logout window-- to leave a trace of
the started window manager in /etc/slim or somewhere else.

Cheers,

Aitor.

[*] The kernel works, but i can't run it in live mode. I still get the
following message:

[...]

|modprobe: module ehci-orion not found in modules.dep

BusyBox bla, bla, bla...

/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off

(initramfs)

||[...]
|

|There are a lot of links in internet about this issue, the most of them
referring to Clonezilla, Kali Linux and Refracta live systems. But i
can't find any solution online:(

|Now, i suspect the cause... And i||added *aufs* and *squashfs* support
to the kernel.