:: Re: [DNG] Need for documentation
Author: Go Linux
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Need for documentation
On Thu, 7/14/16, Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:

To: dng@???
Date: Thursday, July 14, 2016, 12:27 AM

On Wed, 13 Jul 2016 22:39:34 -0400
Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> When installing, you get to pick which window manager you want.
> Trouble is, there's no obvious way to change your window manager
> after the fact. Somebody needs to document how to do this, and keep
> the document in an obvious place, with a link from the top of our
> documentation tree.

Golinux told me that to change the window manager, when on the login
screen, you repeatedly press F1 to cycle through the installed window
managers. I confirm this, and will document it.

However, I think somebody from Devuan should add to the login window's
graphic (the stylized lightgreen and darkergreen Login graphic) the
string "Press F1 to switch window managers." Today's computers should
be discoverable, and this is just too easy not to do. I'd do it myself
but I don't know which graphic, and probably my modification would be
an aesthetic step backward.

Thanks,

SteveT

The "stylized lightgreen and darkergreen Login graphic" went bye-bye a long time ago. It should be a nice purpy just like the desktop. Do you have the latest desktop-base installed?

golinux