:: Re: [DNG] [Kali Linux 0003165]: Fin…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: sam
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] [Kali Linux 0003165]: Find a way to disable most services by default with systemd
On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 23:06:24 +0200
Jaromil <jaromil@???> wrote:

> Mostly for historical reasons, I'm posting here below the trace of a
> Kali Linux bug that has just been deleted from their tracker.
>
> Forensic distros are useful for many reasons. When minimal they can be
> also more reliable, I guess most people here convenes. So now I'm
> trying to get the Parrot OS developers interested in having a spin
> based on Devuan, with no success. Unfortunately Their parrot-build
> scripts are admittedly still incomplete to reproduce a release.
>
> Anyone here has a strong (perhaps professional, hence sustainable)
> interest in a forensic distro without systemd?

YES!

I've previously tried a number of the available forensic Linux options, but I succeded in breaking every one of them when I tried to gut them of their systemd payloads. I'd really love a Devuan-based forensic suite, or even something like Whonix but without the systemd cruft.

Alas, my interest is not presently a professionally-motivated or directed one (though that may change soon enough, stranger things may happen and all that), however I would greatly appreciate having a non-systemd castrated (and in particular Devuan) forensic distro in my toolbox which I have thoroughly tested and deployed prior to that happening.

How shall we make it so?

--Sam