Til: dng
Emne: Re: [DNG] systemd==bad
On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 20:32:04 +0200
Arnt Karlsen <arnt@???> wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 12:33:43 -0400, Steve wrote in message
> <20160711123343.5c936b72@???>:
>
> > On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 09:00:02 +0200
> > <emninger@???> wrote:

> > > Generally, i like it. It has way less dependencies compared to
> > > debian. And in the end it's quite well manageable.
> >
> > I don't use Slackware because their package manager won't figure out
> > dependencies for me, causing me to need 10x the time to install some
> > things (and I install a lot of stuff --- did I ever mention I write
> > books for a living?).
>
> ..so which do you prefer, Slackware wee mess,
> or being at the mercy of Poettering & Co?

My research has found the following systemd-free systems capable of
running my business:

* Devuan
* Void
* PC-BSD
* Funtoo

There are probably many others, but those four definitely can run my
business. Devuan, Void and Funtoo have an expressed policy of "never
systemd".

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2016 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist