:: Re: [DNG] systemd==bad
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Arnt Karlsen
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] systemd==bad
On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 12:33:43 -0400, Steve wrote in message
<20160711123343.5c936b72@???>:

> On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 09:00:02 +0200
> <emninger@???> wrote:
>
> > Am Sun, 10 Jul 2016 08:47:57 +0000
> > schrieb Joel Roth <joelz@???>:
> >
> > > What's your experience with slackware and its
> > > dependency/packaging system?
> >
> > Generally, i like it. It has way less dependencies compared to
> > debian. And in the end it's quite well manageable.
>
> I don't use Slackware because their package manager won't figure out
> dependencies for me, causing me to need 10x the time to install some
> things (and I install a lot of stuff --- did I ever mention I write
> books for a living?).

..so which do you prefer, Slackware wee mess,
or being at the mercy of Poettering & Co?

> On the other hand, a lot of people I respect (including emninger) love
> Slackware specifically because it leaves figuring dependencies to the
> user, leading to a relatively dependency-lean environment.

..aye, means you will have to do a _predictable_ wee bit more.

..can we (Devuan) lean on Slackware and alien conversion,
at least as a backup plan B to the potential Debian trap?

Scenarios always come in sets of three: