:: Re: [DNG] systemd==bad
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] systemd==bad
On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 09:00:02 +0200
<emninger@???> wrote:

> Am Sun, 10 Jul 2016 08:47:57 +0000
> schrieb Joel Roth <joelz@???>:
>
> > What's your experience with slackware and its
> > dependency/packaging system?
>
> Generally, i like it. It has way less dependencies compared to debian.
> And in the end it's quite well manageable.

I don't use Slackware because their package manager won't figure out
dependencies for me, causing me to need 10x the time to install some
things (and I install a lot of stuff --- did I ever mention I write
books for a living?).

On the other hand, a lot of people I respect (including emninger) love
Slackware specifically because it leaves figuring dependencies to the
user, leading to a relatively dependency-lean environment.

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2016 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist