:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Anonymous - Official…
Author: Özer Tayiz
To: System undo crew
Subject: Re: [unSYSTEM] Anonymous - Official announcement for the worldwide Humanity Party
(Prematurely clicked send button, continuing long email)

You see where all these are going? All these technologies empower the
people to be free, and restrict governments to control people.

Some day someone will make metal 3-d printer cheap. Then gun control laws
will totally be obsolete.

People can now make their tractors themselves, at 1/10 cost of a commercial
tractor:
See:
http://opensourceecology.org/

See their whole "civilization construction kit" of 50 machines. They are
pretty good at that.

And tractor can be modified to be a backhoe or a bulldozer, because it is
all modular and open source.

You discount "going living in an isolated farm won't achieve anything". But
community of around 200 people can achieve a lot. If average family unit is
4 people, that is 50 houses.

See this from FAQ of opensourceecology:

"What is your end state or vision?[edit]
Our vision is a world where every community has access to an open source
Fab Lab which can produce all the things that one currently finds at a
Walmart cost-effectively, quickly, on-demand from local resources. We
envision these Labs being self-replicating and multiplying like rabbits.
This would be a giant leap for distributive economics – where resource
constraints no longer apply. People would then have a chance to shift a
significant portion of their energy to interests beyond mere survival. The
end state is super-skilled workers, free of control from remote power
centers, as people in communities regain their power to thrive without
strings attached to their happiness. The scope of production should include
everything from food to fuels and energy to semiconductors and metals.

What is the minimum size of a community that can attain absolute prosperity
and autonomy?[edit]
Our analysis indicates that about 200 people would suffice to produce all
the items present in modern civilization, including semiconductor and
microelectronics fabrication up to the level of 1990s technology. The
analysis involves assessing the range of the various material and product
needs of civilization, along with the labor/machine/skill requirements for
each product."

A lot was achievable with 1990's technology, from fighter jets to nukes, to
anti aircraft missiles. Two world wars have been waged by 20's and 40's
technology.

And in time, as open source technology develops, that 25 year gap will
close. I do believe in less than 40-50 years, the most effective defensive
weapons will be open source. Just like the most effective servers are now
open source.

Think of S-400 or similar tech of today, freely available to anyone to
produce, at the push of a button for under $5000 cost or something.

My vision is that a defensive voluntary free market force, would be able to
provide regional defense at maybe %1 cost of today's modern military cost.
I think that would be because of 2 factors

1) Cost savings of open source technology

2) Threat levels will drop as free markets grow. Free markets work best to
eradicate poverty, and most crime is caused by vast wealth inequalities.

And that is basically my dream for the future and why I am here. :D

I hope that helps to clarify my position and any suspicion that I'm a
government agent or anything. :P