:: Re: [DNG] systemd==bad
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: emninger
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] systemd==bad
Am Thu, 07 Jul 2016 12:00:02 +0000
schrieb Steve Litt <slitt@???>:

Hi Steve!

> The whole systemd thing is one big propaganda war. It's not about
> tech. Saying systemd is about tech is like saying a Molotov Cocktail
> is about building construction.
>
> Anyway, this video is one of the best weapons our side has in the
> propaganda war.

After having read lots of pages about systemd and the controverse
debate about, i (as a non-technical person) tend to think, that systemd
is not bad, but fully functional:

Only, it's not an init system, or better: it's not in the first place
an init system but a funnel to fill into the RedHat channels as much as
possible of the man power and intelligence of the linux comunity. If
they want or not, if&when systemd becomes un-avoidable they will (have
to) work for RedHat, and they will do that "for free" (as the hooligan
esults in the end of the video). No way out ...

I cannot judge if that will happen effectively, but seems clear to me
the strategy (and the debian responsibles effectively were dull enough
to do what a famous german writer expressed: "Nur die dümmsten Kälber,
wählen ihre Schlächter selber" - something like: Only the most stupid
calves go to the butcher voluntarily).

Cheers.