:: Re: [DNG] polkit - which one?
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] polkit - which one?
Le 02/07/2016 15:36, emninger@??? a écrit :
> Am Sat, 02 Jul 2016 07:42:37 +0000
> schrieb Didier Kryn <kryn@???>:
>
> Salut!
>
>>       OK checked my wraper works with udevil. But if it comes to
> S> patch
>> Thunar, Xfce4 and others, why not invoke directly udevil or sudo? The
>> wrapper was only meant to replace pkexec. udevil seems pretty handy.
> So, do i get you right, that you (can) use udevil with thunar? And if
> so, it would work also with pcmanfm, presumeably ... (?)

> I'm asking because i realize, spacefm is even a bit more limited for
> full desktop management than pcmanfm ...

     No. Sorry because it was confusing. I wrote a wrapper program which
has exactly the same calling syntax as pkexec and executes udevil if the
command is mount or umount, and otherwise invokes sudo -A. I have
checked that this program works -- from the command line for
mount/umount, and by clicking the synaptic launcher. The problem is that
Thunar doesn't invoke pkexec to mount/umount removable media; therefore
my  wrapper is of limited use. It is usefull only for applications which
invoke pkexec, like Synaptic's launcher, and it implies to install
non-packaged software in /usr/local/bin.

     Since Enrico suggested to patch (eg) Thunar it makes little sense
to modify it to invoke a wrapper rather than udevil right away. This was
the message of my previous mail.

     Didier