:: Re: [DNG] polkit - which one?
Author: Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] polkit - which one?
On 18.06.2016 10:12, Didier Kryn wrote:
>     I'm using xfce4 DE on Devuan Jessie and have removed all policy-kit*
> packages and package-kit. The halt and reboot buttons of the logout menu
> of Xfce do not work anymore. They certainly invoke some command to ask
> permission to policy-kit which denies it if anyone else is logged on.
> Not something I need or want on a desktop.

I've just had that code in my hands (in xfce4-session).

Maybe we could add some --disable-policykit configure flag which
causes it to exec an external helper for that (which in turn can
be easily customized by distros / users).

By the way: if anybody doing some patching at that front, just let me
know ... I'd like to use these patches on Trusty.

--mtx

--

mit freundlichen Grüßen