:: Re: [DNG] Building w/ gtk2 vs gtk3
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Adam Borowski
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] Building w/ gtk2 vs gtk3
On Fri, Jul 01, 2016 at 11:29:09AM -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 01, 2016 at 06:18:28AM +0200, Adam Borowski wrote:
> > I'd say GTK3 doesn't "have regressions", but "it's one big regression".
> > Just to name a few: CSD, font selection dialog, file open/save dialog, etc.
> >
> > However, I see most project which didn't abandon the GTK ship altogether
> > (Chromium, LXDE, etc) downgrading to GTK3 these days: Firefox (was in
>
> Typo? Or is there a GTK4 they are downgrading from? Or have I
> completely misunderstood? (I'm not being sarcastic; misunderstanding
> happens often enough.)

My apologies, this was indeed confusing. I meant that GTK2->GTK3, despite
increasing the version number, is a functionality downgrade.

It's worse in all areas of usability I've noticed, it breaks programs that
use it almost every minor version, completely fails in some of my use cases
(like X forwarding), imposes Gnome3 conventions on unrelated software, etc.

--
An imaginary friend squared is a real enemy.