:: Re: [DNG] RFC: minimalistic service…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Daniel Reurich
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] RFC: minimalistic service reporting library [WAS: samba-libs package in Debian now depends on libsystemd0]
Hi Enrico,

There was a discussion on this list quite some time ago about the same
thing. The guts of it was yes it would be useful, but if it requires
getting upstream projects to adopt a new library we'd need to make it
compelling for them.

The most likely path would be to provide something that would provide
the interface and an optional shim that to interface with systemd
sd_notify().

However to get developer buy in, we'd probably end up having to
implement the entire systemd api in the shim and something analogous to
systemd functionality in the library to make it worthwhile instead of
using libsystemd0 directly. Not impossible but certainly looks to be a
reasonable chunk of work.

Regards,
    Daniel