:: Re: [DNG] polkit - which one?
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] polkit - which one?
Le 25/06/2016 14:10, emninger@??? a écrit :
> Am Sat, 25 Jun 2016 12:00:02 +0000
> schrieb Didier Kryn <kryn@???>:
>
> Salut Didier!
>
>>       Unfortunately, without policykit, the users are not allowed
>> to mount removable media like usb memory sticks. Few years ago the
>> permissions were handled in udev rules, but nowadays udev rules have
>> shrinked to one rule in 70-persistent-net.rules.
> Interesting.

> As for mounting without udev, i know there is spacefm
> which does it using its own mounting routine called udevil. Ok, it's
> not Thunar, but for all desktops using pcmanfm spacefm would be a nearly
> 1:1 substitute, if not even an improvement ... ;)

     Thanks for pointing me to udevil (I've already read about it on
this list, but never looked at it before). Looks pretty simple. I'm
considering writing a script which would invoke udevil for mount/umount
and do the same as sudox for other cases. The idea is to put that script
in /usr/bin/local and a link to it in /usr/bin, named pkexec. I hope to
be able to remove policykit with that.

     Cheers.
                         Didier