:: Re: [DNG] Studying C as told. (For …
Author: Edward Bartolo
To: KatolaZ
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Studying C as told. (For help)
Hi,

I am using nano. I paste the program's output in nano and use the
cursor keys to investigate the position of tabs.

This is the final debugged version of the tab insertion program. It
assumes tabs are 8 characters apart with the first column having no
tab.

#include <stdio.h>

/* insert tabs instead of repeated spaces */

int tab_width = 8;
int col = 0;

int is_tab_stop(int col) {
return (col % tab_width == 0 && col > 1);
}

void replace_spaces_with_tabs(char c) {
  int count = 0;
  if (c == ' ') {