:: Re: [unSYSTEM] The day the Hacker C…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: psy
A: System undo crew
Temas nuevos: [unSYSTEM] how about taking a break
Asunto: Re: [unSYSTEM] The day the Hacker Community Died

>I joined this list for discussions about bitcoins, darknet, mesh
>networks,anonymity and privacy online etc, to learn more about
>disruptive decentralized technologies. I don't even understand how one
>particular anarchist being accused of rape or sexual harassment has
>anything to do with this list.

Well, that anarchist was contributing to the Tor project which is a base
for some darknet so at some point is related.

And some people here knows personally to that guy.

Btw, we are mostly talking about how Community reacts for some concrete
issues. On this case, gender related. But also about how statistics are
used as weapons.

For me this thread is really related with anarchism. Because we can put
in common a big debate about how we are building some ethical bases. And
how we are failing with others.

I will not fight at streets hard if I don't really know a plan to deploy
after it. A strategy. Not only tactical theories. I am not agree with
eternal wars.

Here we have a problem really extended at society on many layers. No
difference if you are rich or not. If you are famous or not.
If you are anarchist or not... almost at main background.

Hackers (again) are a bit special because some of them needs secrecy to
survive. And we are experimenting that is really easy to blackmail them.

Can you imagine how a person (hacker) feels if someone tells a lie that
he cannot prob because of track evading?. Who will try to risk if we
need to backup every movement?. Isn't it a vulnerability?. Isn't
it an effective social engineering attack?. Will population the next police?

We are talking about that someone can destroy your life with one click.

And this is important, because secret agencies, governments,
corporations and individuals are using it.

Look at Assange or ask to your friends if you think on conspiracies.
Numbers are brutal...

On the other hand we are talking about how Community should respond to
this things. Are we gonna create an Inquisition?. Which meritocratic
systems we have to manage that situations?. Gonna 'chaos' resolve that
issues just letting things to be or capitalism justice system to decide?.

For me there is nothing more political than domestic life. And anarchism
always defend equality between life forms. You can think that you are an
anarchist with coherence but this debates are related with questioning
that.

Maybe some women are sending us a message about review how our
non-hacker skills are. Emotional intelligence. Which is really related
with Bio-hacking practices. Sounds interesting...

To build a software to help to the world to rise up is ok but it can be
better if we don't hurt others on the way.

Wanna talk about how cyberpunks are fighting against Coltan extraction
(which is used to build any gadget we know)?. Or we gonna hidden it on a
box near gender and other problems?.

No one is perfect, because this is maths improbable. But we can try to
be fair. For that we have rational thinking. Best tool for anarchism
(with surprise effect, hehe).

Please, try to don't block debates if you don't like them. Just use
threads and mail filters. We cannot imagine how many people is lurking it.

Finally, I think honestly that to tag this mailing list (for example: as
bitcoin mailing list) is to simply it so much. We are more than this.